With most organisations preaching gender equality in the workplace, women continue to be under-represented. The reality is that, for aspiring women leaders, being hard-working, smart, and savvy isn't enough. Sadly, the situation worsens when it comes to entrepreneurship.
When a woman plans to open up a business, naysayers often predict that the business is doomed to fail. That type of thinking is untrue and only promotes negative stereotypes. However, for women, starting a business still comes with its fair share of difficulties. For example, female entrepreneurs often lack access to capital and exhibit different mindset constraints such as risk-aversion, which impede business growth. Thus, for female entrepreneurs to succeed, it all comes down to personal traits, entrepreneurial skills, and how supportive fellow female entrepreneurs are towards achieving their goals.
Men have been dominating the world of business ever since the industrial revolution. But the digital age gave birth to influential women like Tina Tower, giving rise to a whole new era of women in business. Tina is a serial entrepreneur, author, world traveler, and high-performance business consultant. In 2014, she was the winner of the Australian Telstra Young Business Woman of the Year award and later named by Huffington Post as one of the Top 10 Aussie Women to watch in business. In this super exciting discussion, we talk about women in entrepreneurship, the pandemic's effects on the online business space, and how to hire new employees.
Topics we Discussed Include:
- Getting to know Tina Tower (03:52)
- Things Tina had to unlearn after selling her business (07:27)
- Women empowerment in the business world (09:20)
- 100 women making $1 million a year by 2025 (13:02)
- When and how to hire the right people (14:57)
- Building your empire as a female entrepreneur (16:30)
- Unique and profitable niches in Her Empire Builder (22:20)
- The pandemic's effect on the online courses space (23:25)
- Dissecting the million-dollar micro-business (25:35)
- Tina's book tour party (28:10)
- Top 5 tips for aspiring businesswomen and future leaders (29:40)
Connect with Tina Tower
How to Have the Life of your Dreams by Tina Tower
Million Dollar Micro Business by Tina Tower
Connect With Ally Nitschke
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Get our Courageous Conversations Guide
For full show notes, go here: www.madeformore.com.au/35